Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

patience for one, please...

everyday can be, no it is, a lesson in patience and love. i was exhausted yesterday, the synapes were not firing on all cylinders!! big K decided to pull an all-nighter tossing and turning in his bed and ours, needing a "dink, peeeasse!", it was seemingly endless, until about 4am when 'K' decided to fall asleep. so i got to sleep for about an hour and a half before my alarm went off. sometimes i hate mondays, sometimes i feel no patience with my toddler, bless his little whiny heart, when he won't go to sleep, however my God gives me energy and love that i don't believe i have on mornings like this. He is so faithful to fill me when i don't have anything to give. so in our rush to get the entire Posse ready: master 'P' had to get ready for football camp after just coming home from church camp 10 hours prior, lil 'lou-who' was headed for a fun day of fossil-finding at summer school and big 'K' was going to play at the nanny's house and mama had a meeting at 8:15am sharp!! no big, right?! remember, patience? all went well, i took 'lou-who' to school and headed to the office, while my Man was in charge of the boys, such love!! and then the wheels kinda came off: 'K' cried and wailed for his daddy when being dropped off and my Man can't handle that, then he remembered he left 'P's football stuff in the garage and had to go back, and then he decided he couldn't handle 'K' be left to cry his ever-lovin' eyes out (giggle, he's a such a sucker!!) so he went to pick him up and somewhere in all this 'P' actually made it to the university on time but just as they all pulled into the parking lot my Man's car broke down. PATIENCE!!!!
needless to say, my Man took a day off from work, i picked up 'K' and daddy and we got the car to a garage to be fixed, had a nice lunch together and the boys played together at 'P's camp while mama worked. whew!! things don't always come together the way i picture them happening, but in the midst of my meltdown God is there feeding me patience and providing for my needs, such as money to pay for the car repairs!!
after a long monday, and 'P' was still at camp, i went and got my babe from daddy and headed for the homestead and to pick up my lil' girlie!! and the three of us headed to sonic for a strawberry slushy (real fruit!! i knew what you were thinkin'!) and then for a trip to the park to unwind...
posing for her close up...

'lou-who' wasn't excited about the first set of park equipment since it was for little ones, but i reminder her that life isn't all about her and her desires (aka. a re-routed day with a broken car thrown in) and this was a chance to make it all about her brother. and she of course stepped up and 'mothered' him all over the slides and the climbing nets, loving all over him!! she is so great!
and big 'K' had a blast playing with his "sissy" and showing mama how big he is....


i love my Posse, i love that the Lord chose me to be their mama and i pray that even when i'm running on only 1.5 hours of sleep, i bring glory to the Lord through my parenting and joy and love into the hearts of my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment