Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

beauty is...

there is beauty & blessing in



a gnome-kiss from my baby, a quick 'love you' from my oldest and a long hug with my sweet little girl.


there is blessing & beauty surrounding me all the time, beyond the obvious, if i choose to see it...


the inside out socks left lying on the floor speak of the hurriedness of a little princess to slip into her play shoes & enter into her world of wonder and imagination


the basketball i've tripped over a 100 times today that conveniently resides by the door awaiting the next round of drills by a young boy that is becoming a young man before our eyes


drips of dinner on the table & chair & floor speak of a toddling, curly top babe who filled his tummy all by himself


crayons left out by our resident artist after her latest masterpiece of self-expression, adding the much needed touch to the walls of this home


a light layer of dust blankets the piano, coffee table & all stationary trinkets... its beauty isn't a riddle, for it will still be there tomorrow patiently beckoning me to wipe it away


but 'P' needs to talk about his day and tell me his latest joke, and my lil' Lou-Woo has an opening at her beauty salon and Charlotte's Web won't read itself, and 'K' has his bucket of army guys that need set up and a warm, sudsy bath to play cooking.... these things can't wait, today is a gift of beauty & blessing even in the mundain nuances of everyday life


...that's why it's called the Present...


Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5.16-18

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post...great reminder to treasure the little moments because God's beauty is in every single one of them.

    I don't know if you have checked our blog today, but you won the giveaway! Woot! Woot! When you have a free moment, give me your address so I can mail you the journal and book. My email is momssharpeningmoms@yahoo.com

    Take care and have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete