Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

hope in trouble

hope...


my hope is in the Lord, above all He is the giver of all good things,

i am sustained by His abundant grace


He was the center of my thoughts and my hope rested soley in His promises when i saw the first pictures that morning nine years ago this weekend...




my mind couldn't fathom what was happening to my country, my fellow Americans...


i could only think to pray.... to hope...




i hoped that those on board the planes knew Jesus and felt some portion of His peace knowing they would be safe with Him soon...


i hoped that many were late to work that morning and that there weren't as many people in those buildings as the reporters were guessing...


it felt like those movie images of world wars was right around the corner; were we safe?




i felt my stomach harden and tense as the first tower fell... the sweet Girlie that was nestled in my belly nudged me and i wondered what tragedy would happen next



i just hoped for Jesus to save us all...





i cried many tears that day, that week, for our country, the victims, the families, our President...



i'll admit i wondered if this was it: we're at war, were we going to become a war-torn country like those i see on the news? are we not as safe as i assumed we were?



i hoped not...



i prayed that night, once the news was off and the house was quiet with sweet breathing from my son and my Man, and the gently swimming of the babe in my belly...



"Lord if my world, here in Fly Over Country USA, had literally collapsed like those of our fellow citizens not so far away, would i have been ready to see you? so far have i lived a passionate life that cries out to everyone that you are my Lord? or do i live basically selfishly, out for my own pleasure, serving you based on my own feelings of convenience.... i desire to shine for you... help these families, wrap up the broken wives or husbands in your Hands of peace.... help me Lord to remember this feeling of uneasiness, that time is limited, and i don't have forever here to further your Kingdom.."



even as i watch and hear the tributes to 9/11 today, i still remember that feeling...



i haven't forgotten, i pray those families are so blessed, i pray and hope that they'll see their loved ones in Heaven again






the cross gives us hope, in the midst of the rubble and fighting, He is our hope...


whether peace or war, He's our hope....


my hope


my everything


God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear thogh the earth gives way. Psalm 46.1-2a

No comments:

Post a Comment